Can I trust a free VPN?
Definitely not. As a rule, free virtual private networks provide only a false sense of security. Otherwise, where does the service have tools to ensure confidentiality and anonymity if it does not charge users? Paid services use modern, expensive, high-tech encryption methods to ensure the maximum degree of protection for client data.
Often, a free VPN collects information about you and monitors web traffic. Thus, a free virtual private network not only does not protect the information that you want to protect with a VPN, but it also monitors your confidential information and Internet interests.
The next minus of free sites is the slowdown in Internet connection, which is associated with a reduction in bandwidth. Another unpleasant companion of free VPN services is the flow of advertisements.
5 reasons why you should switch to a paid VPN today
- Guaranteed connection stability. If you previously had experience working through a free VPN, then you are familiar with periodic unreasonable outages, crashes, and problems downloading data. This is due to network technical issues. They arise from the inability to cope with a large number of customers.
- High speed Internet connection as part of the standard network connection speed. As we found out, free virtual private networks are overloaded, so there can be no talk of a high connection speed. When switching to a paid VPN service, the speed limit of your provider will be the only one.
- To install paid services software, you do not need special technical knowledge. Paid VPN developers try to make them as convenient and understandable as possible. Needless to say, free VPN software can hide viruses.
- When using a free VPN, it is highly likely that your personal data will be transferred to third parties. The service can collect confidential information and Internet interests of users, and then sell them to interested parties, advertisers.
- It is not worth it. Today on the market there are a huge number of paid VPN networks, the price tag for the services of which is not affordable. Therefore, today there is no point in saving using free networks and at the same time risking your security and data privacy.
How to choose a paid VPN?
As already mentioned, today’s market offers a huge number of paid virtual private networks. How to choose the best option that will meet your needs? To do this, when choosing, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Geographic connectivity. First of all, check how many servers the VPN offers and if there are any VPN servers in your area . Choose the network that has servers in your area.
- Destination. If the whole family will use the network, choose options with a modern router or with the possibility of several parallel connections. If you plan to stream files, choose a network with maximum speed and unlimited bandwidth. If you travel often, choose networks that have servers around the world.
- Key qualities of a VPN provider. Each company focuses on several priorities. Look for the company whose priorities match yours. This can be a high speed, encryption method, the ability to unlock content, and so on.
- Device compatibility. Although most VPNs support major platforms, Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS, some VPNs are not available on all platforms. Therefore, before paying, be sure to check compatibility with your platform.
- Interface. If you want to simplify the process of setting up and using the network as much as possible, choose offers with a simple user interface .
- Tariff plan. Cost is often a critical factor when choosing a virtual private network. The tariff plans vary depending on the duration of the subscription and the list of provided functions. If you have a limited budget, look for services with discount offers.
- Reliability. Reliability is understood as round-the-clock technical support so that at any time you can solve a problem that arose during the use of the network.
- Money back guarantee. Often we choose a network, but only during the operation we fully get acquainted with its functionality and features. The money back option allows you to refuse the services of a virtual private network if you are not satisfied with its quality or it does not suit you.