Hello! Today we will talk about capturing video from the screen. At one time, I already did reviews on Movavi programs and mentioned Screen Recorder. In this article I will tell you for what purpose this particular program is suitable and what’s new in it, as well as give some useful tips on recording a screen in general.
Movavi Screen Recorder is a lightweight utility designed to record video from the screen and create screenshots. With its help, you can record a conversation in Skype, individual program windows, as well as online video.
I have already said how I like Movavi programs, and this one is no exception. I can highlight the following advantages:
- Ease of use . All the necessary functions are placed on the main panel, and all the rest can be found in the menu;
- The simplicity of the interface . Even if you are recording the screen for the first time, all buttons will be intuitive;
- Support for popular formats . MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, MP3, GIF;
- Functionality . Despite all its simplicity, the program has many useful options.
Useful Movavi Screen Recorder Functionality
Capture Area Selection
You can record both a separate window on the desktop and the entire screen. And also a bonus for owners of two monitors: you can record both at once. If you have a webcam, video from it can be added on top of the main one.
Record sound from two sources
The program allows you to record audio from two sources simultaneously: system sound from speakers or headphones and voice acting from a microphone ( in Windows XP this functionality is not available, recording is possible from only one source ).
The delayed recording option is great for saving late sports or webinars. Set the right time and make sure that the computer is turned on – the program will automatically start recording an open window. After capturing from the finished video, you can cut out all unnecessary fragments: the beginning and end of the recording, advertising in the middle. Then the result is saved in any suitable format.
System requirements Movavi Screen Recorder
The program requires:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10;
- Intel or AMD processor with a frequency of 1 gigahertz;
- Screen resolution 1280 × 768 or more;
- RAM 512 MB for Windows XP and 2 GB for Windows 7, 8 and 10;
- 2 gigabytes of free disk space ( for the full functioning of the program ).
Latest Version Updates
At the time of writing, the version of the program is 10.4. But the updates in version 10.3 deserve special attention ( as the developers say, there was a “Big update” here ):
Firstly, the developers added the ability to create screenshots without recording video. At the same time, you can add arrows, frames and other objects to the selected area. You can save a screenshot, or you can simply copy it to the clipboard. The latter is very convenient when there is no need to store a picture on a computer, but you need to quickly send it.